Zebulon United Methodist Church Secretary Job Posting
Zebulon United Methodist Church
Position: Part Time Secretary
Monday through Friday 8:30 am till 3pm with ½ hour lunch
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Answer the phone and assist walk ins.
· Pick up the deposit bag on Monday mornings from the bank so others can count and record the deposit. Post the figures in the Giving spreadsheet.
· Record the attendance in the Attendance Folder for future reporting. All worship services and Sunday school attendance are included.
· Enter cash and check contributions into Power Church along with the category of each contribution.
· Prepare attendance cards and Sunday School collection envelope.
· Prepare a weekly bulletin using Publisher and a monthly newsletter.
· Maintain and enter activities in the church calendar on the website.
· Assist is sending first time visitor letters and survey cards.
· Record memorial gifts to the church and log them into the data base, send acknowledgement card to donor and notify the family of receiving the gift. Use the same procedure for gifts in honor of someone.
· Assist pastor in scheduling appointments and activities such as meetings, weddings, baptisms, etc.
·E-mail prayer requests.
· Order office supplies as needed, including supplies for the copier and fax machine.
For more information, contact Darrell Jones at (919) 906-6983 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.