Downtown Zebulon - located in the public parking lot, adjacent to Pizza Amore, at the intersection of West Vance Street and North Arendell Avenue.Until further notice, the Zebulon Farm Fresh Market has been moved to a location staff can easily monitor to provide a safe space for residents to shop for local products in a timely manner.
UPDATE: 2020 season of the Zebulon Farm Fresh Market and Operations during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market’s mission remains the same; to connect locally grown food and sourced products with community members, educate the community about the benefits of eating fresh and local, and to support our local grower and producer entrepreneurs. At this time, The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market will remain open in accordance with the usual schedule and is adding safety procedures and taking additional precautions to ensure the health and wellness of our community. We will hold a market on Saturday, May 2 from 9 AM to 1 PM.
Farmers Markets are exempt from the Governor's Stay at Home Order. During the current Coronavirus outbreak shoppers can have confidence that, our vendors offer local foods of the highest quality, produced by the best methods, and handled with consumer safety in mind. Though we love that the Zebulon Farm Fresh Market has become a welcoming atmosphere encouraging community gathering, we ask that you now help us to provide a safe space for residents to shop with a purpose and gather groceries in a timely manner.
To keep our vendors and shoppers safe, here are some of the steps we are taking:
• The Zebulon Farm Fresh Market has been moved, until further notice, to Downtown Zebulon to a location staff can easily monitor to provide a safe space for residents to shop for local products in a timely manner.
• Only essential businesses will be permitted to operate at the Zebulon Farm Fresh Market.
• Practice social distancing while visiting the Market and maintain 6 feet from one another.
• The market layout will prioritize space between vendor tents to allow plenty of space while waiting in line.
• To further promote social distancing, we are asking only one customer or family unit at a booth.
• The market will provide handwashing and sanitizing stations. Be sure to thoroughly wash your hands on a regular basis.
• Special events and activities have been postponed until further notice. This includes kid’s activities, live music, food trucks, cooking demonstrations and special events.
• Vendors will be wiping down surfaces with disinfectant frequently.
• Vendors will not be sampling items.
• Non-produce items will be pre-packaged.
• Allow your vendors to pick up and bag your purchases, please do not touch anything that you are not going to purchase.
• Many of our vendors offer PayPal and/or Venmo as payment options.
• SNAP/EBT will continue to be accepted and the Market Match Program will continue to match EBT purchases up to $25.00. Please visit the Market Information Booth during the market for more information.
• Many of our vendors are offering pre-ordering, curbside pickup, off-site pickup, and even home delivery.
• A new page to our website lists alternate options for purchasing from our vendors if you are unable to shop in person.
• Pre-order from vendors when possible, a parking area has been dedicated for pre-orders if you do not wish to leave your car.
• Hand washing stations and hand sanitizer will be available.
• If you are experiencing symptoms such as fever or dry cough, stay home to take care of yourself and protect others if you are sick.
• If you are an at-risk population (older adults or immunocompromised individuals) we encourage minimize your exposure to people.