As the number of positive COVID-19 cases continues to rise in Wake County, in an abundance of caution that the virus could overwhelm our local healthcare system, earlier the Wake County Board of Commissioners Chairman Greg Ford and yesterday, Gov. Cooper announced stay-at-home order effective Monday, Mar 30 until April 29.
The order allows certain essential businesses to remain open, provided that they adhere to social distancing practices set forth in.
One of such businesses includes:
- Professional services, such as legal services, accounting services, insurance services, professional engineering and architectural services, land surveying services, real estate services (including brokerage, appraisal and title services) and tax preparation services.
Since our office provides accounting and tax services like income tax returns, payroll tax returns and sales tax returns preparation and processing , we will remain open per the above exemption, during our regular hours.
Further, we will also ensure that social distancing practices are adhered to by our staff members.
That being said, we have capabilities to serve you through phone, mail, our recently launched Secure Client Portal and now, through newly added service of Appointment only video-conferencing through Zoom Meetings.
- If you have not yet created your account on Client Portal, please click here to register yourself so that documents can be shared by you and us electronically and securely from the comfort of your home.
- In case you are not feeling well or would not like to meet in-person, we have launched video conference appointment service. Please take following steps to make use of video conferencing service:
- Step 1 - Call our office at 919-269-8553 to fix an appointment. During this call our staff will fix an appointment based on availability and provide you with participant ID.
- Step 2 - At the scheduled appointment time, go to www.zoom.us/join and enter the participant ID provided and that's it. You are now ready for video conferencing with our accountants.
While we recognize COVID-19 is concerning, we continue to work diligently to meet your needs. We will continue to provide the level of assistance and attention to which you've become accustomed, while also protecting the health and safety of you, all our employees and their families throughout this period of uncertainty.
In case you have any questions, please call our office at 919-269-8553.
Les Merritt CPA & staff