Formed in 1993, East Wake Education Foundation (EWEF) is a 501c3 nonprofit organization that serves children birth-5 years old and their parents in eastern Wake County. Our mission is to provide young children and their families in eastern Wake County access to quality preschool and a network of educational and developmental resources. Our vision is that one day, every child will reach school age with a strong foundation, ready to succeed. East Wake Education Foundation is hiring an assistant preschool teacher with a background in early childhood education who wants to join our team and make a valuable contribution to young children in our communities.
Qualifications and Requirements
The Ideal Candidate has…
- Two-year degree in an early childhood education or Four-year degree in elementary education.
- Fluent in Spanish a Plus
- CPR Certification a Plus
- The ability and desire to provide quality, nurturing care to children enrolled in the
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with parents
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and communication skills
- An eagerness to learn and the ability to implement new skills and expertise
- The ability to work independently, take initiative, and make appropriate judgment calls
- The ability to assist the Program Director in supporting families and facilitating daily programming
- The desire to maintain a clean and organized resource center
- Comfortable working alone with 10-12 preschoolers and their parents
- Willing to set up and break down a classroom each session
- Travel to satellite location in a company vehicle
- Collect and report data for satellite programming
- Prepare materials and activities for weekly programming
- Assist in identifying and recruiting families for programming
- Two-year degree in early childhood education or Four-year degree in elementary education.
Salary and Benefits
- Regular work schedule Monday through Thursday 9:00 am -2:00 pm (20 hours per week)
- Occasional meetings and events outside of normal working hours (Notice will be given in advance of dates and times)
How to Apply
The application packet consists of: (1) a cover letter that summarizes your experience as it applies to the requirements of this job; (2) current resume; (3) at least three professional references.
Applications will be accepted through July 15, 2022 or until the ideal candidate has been identified. A background check will be conducted before a candidate is hired.
Please email your application packet to: email@example.com
- Temporary, salaried employee (funded through June 2024) includes 10-12 paid holidays and 8 paid vacation days
- Salary range: $16,000-$17,500